Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hobby Base 1/144 Mechanical Hands Review

Ola people!

After further delays of un-assembled mechas and lots of stressful work that I nearly completely forgotten about this old blog of mine(Maybe I should switch to WP instead eh?) I came across one day a support kit that can change the whole life of 1/144 HG kits forever! I first saw it from Gundam Guy and I was totally engrossed by it, took me month to gather information and looking for suppliers, at long last, today our favorite local Hobby shop CH-Toynation, was selling this only stuff and I just closed my eyes and brought it. Without further adieu, here it is.

All the previews at the back

2 Runners, and instruction manual on the back.

Like so. Sarge is inspecting all the material.

Be VERY CAREFUL about this micro joints!
They are very, VERY small and can be easily disappear 
if not handled correctly.

The back of the hand, usual stuff.

These are pegs for the wrist connectors. The longer version,

and the shorter version.

The thumbs, each joints are bendable!

Trying the most famous hand gesture, 
The FacePalm.

Used to be famous hand gesture, falls into second place, 
The Middle Finger.

So this is how it looks like.

Trying a few more, The Reaching hand

Can't resist this one.

And finally Elenor has taken a liking for Sarge...
But Sarge thought differently now.. With those new hands of his...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my... this is quite... umm.. Poisonous to me... :<

This hand part could really make the RG's hand a run for its' money.

Syful said...

Oh yes indeed my friend... It has the same RG technology, but more harder on the joint movement, so it can be posed at any style... ANY style you see fit...

I can sense your grunts are drooling over...

XD

Evaritus Lau said...

Crappy CRAP ! THIS IS INSANE !



....I think I might get 1. :3

Zoidiect Archaea said...

imma gonna get one. maybe for my RG (yeah, RG palm sucky~!)

Syful said...

EVA: you might get 1? YOU MIGHT GET ONE????? XD I doubt it.

ZD: refer to above XD

Tom said...

I'm getting one for my RG Freedom haha

Syful said...

YES!! Poison works!!!

David John Shewsbury said...

Wow... this is cool... the poison have no effect at all on me ^__^

Anonymous said...

considering that is is a 1/144 scale..it must be reeeally small parts.
Do they provide you with any extra part as a spare in case you lost one in the process??

Syful said...

yup...

REEEEAAAALLLLYYY SMALL.

As for that, They only provide extra pegs for the wrist connectors and the back of the hand... For the finger joints, none.

So I was very careful in cutting them off from the runners, I just thought of an idea. Next time I wanna cut something that small, I put a masking tape behind so it won't fly off.

Q said...

Gosh the parts are small, which reminds me of the time when I built the 1/144 planes with those little antennas and landing gears! Dropping them on the floor has never been fun to me ^^;

But I'm always impressed how they have managaed to get the details and have the parts articulated at this scale! The Mechanical Hand is definitely great for a lot of hand poses!

Unknown said...

Hey i know this is old, but i was wondering if you could tell me if these hands would work with the 1/100 QanT?

Thanks!!

MATINA said...

I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.